Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Credit to The Godfather

I didn't write this, I'm just repeating it.


Chief Justice John Roberts said today: "I would hope that a wise White man, with the richness of his experience, would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a Latina woman who hasn't lived that life."





What a racist pig.





Ooooops. My bad. Actually the quote if from Justice Sonia Sotomayor, nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States. She said:




"I would hope that a wise Latina woman, with the richness of her experience, would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."









If one statement is racist, isn't the other one? Yeah, let's see whether or not Katie Couric brings *that* up. (Or the New York Times, Washington Post, yada yada yada)

Racism is racism.

No comments: