Monday, January 26, 2009

Originally Posted April 7, 2008

Goatse-ing Google Maps





Google Maps is coming to my neighborhood.

Well actually Google Maps already knows my neighborhood. The problem however, is that Google Maps "street view" is coming to my neighborhood.

If you're not familiar with "street view," this is where Google sends out their trucks with 360 degree cameras on them, and photographs every house in every neighborhood in a particular area. Eventually they'll get to every neighborhood and every house in America. I doth protest.

They have already been in my neighborhood. If you click on the intersection a block from my house, you can see the 7-11 I visit each morning in living color on your computer. They will be photographing my house, for all the world to look at, sometime in the very near future.

I'm gonna Goatse them. I'm not sure how, but I'm gonna Goatse them.

Okay, if you're reading this and you're not familiar with the term "Goatse" well, consider yourself lucky. But -- you'll be sure to read further. And that's why Wikipedia is what it is. I shall not belabor you with the gory details, but you can read them here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

What I think I'm going to do is put a sign in the front of my house welcoming all Google Maps viewers, with the address of a web page, something like: "For cute photos of cuddly kittens, visit http://rustyscuddlykittens.com . Concurrently, I create the website, and should you visit it, you get a gaping ass, with maybe the Google Maps logo at the bottom.

I detest Google Maps Street View. It's time to fight back. Goatse 'em.

No comments: